Monday, September 21, 2009

3rd Annual Beach Vacation!

Last week we enjoyed a much needed vacation to sunny California! Skyler had to go to training for work, so the boys and I tagged along because we love nothing more than a free vacation (transportation to and from and our hotel was paid for by Sky's firm)! We left Saturday and went straight to the beach! We loved Santa Monica beach so much from last year we decided to go again. This was Ethan's 3rd time at the beach and Teigan's first and they both loved it! It was a little cloudy but still plenty warm to play in the water.

Teigan's first time in sand

Seriously the cutest picture ever! Holding hands looking at the ocean. LOVE the matching shirts and swimsuits!

Running from the waves

Ethan got drenched!

And again.......

Mommy rescuing him

Stop the CUTENESS

Teigan loved the water!

On the Santa Monica Pier....the blue bird was originally on my shoulder but the guy who gave him to me walked away and I was starting to get freaked out because it was trying to eat my earring so I asked Sky to take the bird....he said no but he didn't really have much choice :) then the guy came back and put the green bird on Ethan. As you can tell, neither of my boys particularly loved having the birds on them!
I can never get both boys to look at the camera and smile at the same time! But seriously--how CUTE is Teigan?? Really people!
Tired after a looong dat at the beach. Watching a movie on his "computer" AKA portable dvd player AKA life saver!


Sunday we got up early and headed to Disneyland. We were there from 10:30 in the morning until 9:30 at night with not one single meltdown from either of our boys! Teigan slept when he needed to and Ethan did great waiting in the lines!! He so loved seeing his favorite movie characters. He's really gotten into the disney movies lately....he loves Cinderella, Jungle Book, Monsters Inc, Peter Pan, Finding Nemo etc etc.....so Disneyland was especially fun for him this time around. We did the Playhouse Disney Live concert in California Adventure and it was so entertaining and Ethan just laughed and danced through the whole thing! Teigan was such a trooper too. Oh, and Pirates of the Caribbean is still "not scary" according to Ethan. Ethan was tall enough to go on most rides like the Madderhorn....I didn't realize how FAST that rollercoaster was but Ethan seemed to enjoy it! It's crazy to think that the last time I went to Disneyland I was pregnant with little Teigy and this time he was enjoying it with us! Life goes by so fast!

Ethan with his favorite movie characters: Sully, Mike Wazowski and Boo

Ethan LOVED meeting Sully. You can't tell in the picture because I think he was a little surprised that he was actually meeting Sully....but when we walked up to him Ethan said, "I love your movie!" Then he said, "Where's Mike Wazowski?!"
Watching the parade

I couldn't believe they wouldn't let Teig sit on Skyler's lap! Made me a little nervous.....

Riding like a big boy!

Love this boy!!

On King Triton's Carousel. Ethan didn't want to ride the one with horses, but the one with fish......yes!

Teigan's cute little hands holding on!

The handsome boys in my life!

Mommy and Ethan

At Mickey Mouse's house


While Sky was in training all day--I ventured out around the Los Angeles area. I'm proud to say I didn't get lost once! And those California freeways are nuts I tell you!!! We did the L.A. Zoo, the Children's Museum, and a Bounce House. It really was a lot of fun to spend such quality time with my boys!

Teig at the Children's Museum

My little basketball player/football player/baseball player (he says he wants to be them all!)

Playing the Water Symphony at the museum

Climbing the waterfall at the museum

Teigan watching patiently as E plays in the water

E's favorite thing at the museum by far!

Ethan's very first art project!!! Made a dragonfly at the museum--he was so creative with the beads and buttons! Although, the dragonfly is missing an eye.....I'm such a proud mama!!


All in all it was a fabulous trip! We are looking forward to next year's trip to the beach!! It sure is good to be home though!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a FUN vacation! And from your last post.. I would agree that your kids are two of the cutest kids Ive ever seen.. I am a little biased of my own thought! :O)