Saturday, July 26, 2008

Outdoor Fun and Ethan's New Best Friend....

Well, it's really really starting to heat up here in Vegas. I'm talking 115 degrees. And by 115 degrees I really mean 130 degrees when you get into a car that has been sitting out in the hot sun. Ethan has learned to say, "Phew! It's hot!" when I put him in his car seat. It's so cute when he says it, but I just feel so bad for him! And because it's so incredibly hot, we can't really do anything during the day, aside from me going to the gym and the grocery store. No more park play dates or walks around the neighborhood....even swimming is almost out of the question just because I have to reapply his sunscreen every 45 minutes or so.

So I try to entertain him in other fun ways. We've taken him and his good friend, Emme, to Chuck E. Cheese (his first time and he LOVED it), the Fun Zone (a place that has lots of blow up castles and slides for him to bounce around on), he saw his first movie, Kung Fu Panda at the movie theatre and sat through the entire movie like a big boy! We even go and look at model homes together!

It cools down at night a bit (about 95-100 degrees) so that's when we try to let Ethan run around outside. One night Skyler had to pull some weeds (to get HOA off our backs!) so Ethan and I went out to join him. Ethan rode his little dump truck up and down the street and then asked to go for a walk, so we walked around the block together. He really enjoyed walking all by himself and looking at flowers and rocks.



I guess he really enjoyed his walk that first night because every night since he has asked to go for another walk. So I took him for another walk the next night and he was picking up rocks and trying to carry 3 or 4 rocks at a time, but he kept dropping them....so I decided that he needed a little wagon! We went to Target the next day and I bought him the cutest little wagon! It was a big hit on his walk that night. When cars would drive by, they would slow down and smile and point at Ethan....what can I say? He's adorable!!!


Picking up rocks....

....And putting them in his wagon

As for his new best friend--Emme's little brother, Lane, was born on May 11 and Ethan absolutely loves that little guy! He is always very concerned for Lane and very protective of him (he's going to be an awesome big brother). He loves to help feed Lane his bottle, cover him with his blanket, and shower him with kisses. Lane and Ethan are going to be very good friends!

No comments: