Sunday, July 13, 2008

Guess who's almost 18 months.....

Ethan!!! And with this glorious half birthday comes.....NURSERY!! Although, I do feel it is somewhat bittersweet. Some parents can't wait for the day to drop their children off at nursery, and to be honest--I don't really feel that way at all. Maybe it's because Ethan is such a good, easy baby that we've never really had a problem taking him to classes with us.

The primary president told us that it would be a good idea to start taking Ethan to nursery a few weeks early and sit through it with him just to get him used to the idea of going to nursery by himself. So today I took Ethan to nursery while Skyler taught his primary class. He played with play dough, read books, did awesome during singing time, played nicely with the other children, flirted with this adorable little girl named Ella, ate his snacks quietly--just all around had a good time. And I don't think he even really noticed that I was there or not. Unlike these 2 little girls who cried and cried and cried for their parents (those poor, poor nursery leaders!).

So at the end of the month Ethan gets to start going all by himself. And it will most likely be me crying on the other side of the door wanting to hold my baby. *SIGH* And really, I suppose I will be right back where I started 18 months ago in just a few short months when I have another baby to pack along with me everywhere I go.

If this is how I'm feeling about just taking him to nursery--I don't want to know how I will handle (*GASP*) kindergarten, elementary school graduation, his first day in high school, graduation, first day of college, sending him off on his mission, getting married.....! I know I'm getting ahead of myself quite a bit--but I can't help but think about it!

Look how big he is!!

2 comments:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

I must say I think that you are a great and loving mom. I love my children, but I was very excited to drop annica off to nursery. She does sit still in sacrement meeting, which is a blessing. But the other hours were hard... I love that ethan is so chill! Good luck with nursery!I am glad he liked it so much!

Alec and Emily said...

He is so cute!:) Alec was saying that he was a total stud! I hope things are gong well for you guys!