Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Groundhog's Day

So I guess Punxsutawney Phil, the famous groundhog, saw his shadow this year. MY chubby little groundhog also seemed to have found his shadow--just last night. My closet light happened to be on and Teigan wandered into my bedroom. Because there was only the light from the closet, his sweet little shadowed appeared on the wall. I walked in and saw him staring at the wall. I wondered what he was doing until I watched him raise his darling little arm up in the air and saw the amazement on his face when his shadow did the same thing. Then he put his arm down. Then back up. Then he, oh yes...are you ready for this? He kissed his shadow!!!! And kissed it again and again. Then I wrapped him up and covered him with a thousand little kisses because you know what? He's just that delicious.

As he was walking out of the room, he noticed that his shadow was following him. So he started taking only two steps at a time probably wondering what the heck was going on.

Now I have some good news and some bad news. What do you want to hear first? Ok, the good news is that Skyler is done with this year's busy season. The bad news is that busy season isn't really over it's just some sick joke that his firm wants to play on me by making me think that because he's done working 15 hour days at the Venetian his busy season is over when really they're going to make him work a couple different clients that aren't even in Las Vegas so that I really can't see my husband. Phew. Felt good to get that off my chest--try to read it all in one breath because that is how I would say it if I were actually talking to you in person :) Yes my friends, that means my husband has to travel--a lot. And it sucks. But that is a whole 'nother post for some other day.

For now, I'm lucky to have two other men in my life to occupy my time. FBI special agents Aaron Hotchner and Derek Morgan. Just kidding. Of course I'm talking about my handsome kiddos!

No comments: