Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Babes 2

Wrestle. That's what my boys do. All day everyday. Teigan is usually an unwilling participant in this sport, but he does what he has to to survive. Typically I can see the look in Ethan's eyes before he attempts to tackle Teig and I tell him "Don't even think about it mister." To which Ethan has a look like "how did she know?!" Other times I will walk in mid-wrestle to Teigan's screeches (doesn't cry-just screeches at me to rescue him) and I have to say, "Ethan get off of your brother-he doesn't like it!" And then there are times like the other day when the boys are rolling/wrestling around playfully. Boys will be boys right? So I allow that.

I was folding clothes and the boys were wrestling behind me. I heard them stop rolling around so I turned to look at them and Ethan had pinned Teigan--I was about to say "ok, get off your brother now" when Ethan said to Teigan, "Copper, you're my very best friend." Teigan didn't respond. Obviously. Frustrated by this, Ethan said, "Tei-GAN, you're SUPPOSED to say 'and you're mine too, Tod." I choked on my water. It was sooooo funny!

In case you didn't know, these lines are compliments of Fox and the Hound. Tod (fox) and Copper (hound dog) are playing when these lines take place. My little genius memorized these lines to use at the perfect time with his best friend. How much do I love my baby boys?? Thiiiiiiiiiis much!!!

No comments: