Monday, November 16, 2009

It's Fun Being ONE!!!

This post is a little overdue--but I was in Colorado for 2 weeks and then home for a week and I just hadn't gotten around to posting.

Sometimes it's hard to believe that not only do I have a one year old--it's my SECOND child who just turned one. It feels at times like I should still be in drivers ed or going to prom or something. Life has gone by fast and I've been loving every second of it!

Teigan is our super sweet, cuddly baby boy. We love him for the spirit that he brings to our home. We know our family isn't complete just yet, but for now, we know we have these sweet boys for a reason. I don't have any stats on Teig yet because he hasn't been to the doctor because he's been fighting a cold and they only do "well" visits. He's not quite walking yet--he still prefers to crawl. I think he doesn't want to walk because he's smart enough to know that when he does Ethan is going to be ALL over him! Tackling, wrestling, pushing, etc. We love him and are so grateful to have him!!!

Teigan LOVES, LOVES, LOVES Elmo--so Elmo birthday theme it was!

The Birthday Boy!!


No day is complete without something like this: Teigan being held against his will!

Opening his first present



Time for birthday cake and ice cream!

Cupcakes Kristen and I made

A close up--super easy to make!

Teigan's 1st attempt--a bit timid.....

And his second attempt!

Onto his second cupcake

Grandpa Black giving Teigy a drink of sparkling champagne--loved his reaction!

Completely relaxed!

LOVE this CUTE face!

Tub time--ready to call it a night!! Until next year......


Birthdays are so important to me and I know Skyler might think I'm a little nutty when it comes to celebrating (I go all out)--but honestly, each year that I have a healthy, happy baby is totally worth celebrating in my opinion! I want each of my children to know, especially on their birthdays, that they are loved and appreciated individually. I'm so thankful for my family. Especially Teig on his birthday!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

He is SO adorable! Happy Birthday Teig!

Rachael said...

He is so cute. Happy belated birthday Teigan