Sunday, December 7, 2008

Teigan is 1 month old!

Ok, I'm already off to a bad start with this! I want to document each month of Teigan's life with updates and pictures (a good friend of mine did this--and I'm stealing her idea :-) ) however, I'm already a week late! Anyway, Teigan now weighs 8 lbs. 4 oz. and is 22 1/2 inches long! As a reminder, he started off at 6 lbs. 3 oz. and 20 inches. So two pounds in one month! Way to go Teigan!!! The dr. was really surprised that he did that with just breastfeeding alone--he is a milk monster!!

He is starting to be "awake" a lot more, although, he still doesn't do much. Aside from the occasional "gas" grin that he gives us (which is adorable by the way!!!). He still is constantly being mauled by his big brother Ethan, and I have found random pieces of food around his neck, chest and face that Ethan tries to share with him. The other day was kind of scary too, because I went into the kitchen to throw something away and came back into the living room and Ethan had picked Teigan up out of his bouncer! Imagine my panic as I ran over saying as calmly as I can, "Ethan doesn't pick up Teigan without mommy--no, Ethan you can't hold Teigan right now!" Such is life. Also, (and yes I'm bragging) my 5 week old is sleeping 7 hours through the night!!! I didn't think it would come this soon, and since he is gaining weight well--I'm not worried about not waking him. I'm one refreshed new momma! Although, it's a blessing that he does sleep so well, because I have to get up with Ethan at 7:30 in the morning. I had the luxury of sleeping when Ethan slept as a newborn--no such luck this time around....someone has to keep up with child number 1! So remember that before you add a 2nd child to the mix! We love Teigan to bits and are so grateful to have his sweet spirit in our home. We also love hearing Ethan comfort Teigan by saying, "It's ok Teenden, it's ok Teenden--here's a paci." Ha ha--how cute is that?!?!

Now for his pictures:




Teigan sleeps like this all the time--with his hands in the air! Even when I tried to lay his hands flat on his chest--he would lift them back up! How funny, huh?!

1 comment:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

He looks like he is ready to catch a basketball! You have a beautiful family kel!