Saturday, December 13, 2008

In the middle of the night Thursday, I was awake feeding Teigan when I heard a loud noise coming from our loft area (Ethan's playroom). It sounded like toys being knocked over or stepped on...my initial thought would have been that Ethan let himself out of his room--except we put him to bed in his pack and play that night because he wouldn't stay in his own bed. Cue scary music......

I was a little nervous at first, only because I've seen one too many Lifetime for Women movies. So I laid in bed for a minute contemplating whether or not I should go check it out. I kept thinking what could have made that noise?

A giant rodent of some sort?

A Christmas Elf perhaps??

I cautiously walked out to the toy room to see what was going on and what do I find?? Ethan standing in the middle of the room. How in the world did he manage to climb out of his pack and play? He had knocked his blocks over and his Tickle Me Cookie Monster was laughing and rolling around on the ground. I was a little relieved that my night didn't turn into a Lifetime movie with an intruder in my house. I was more relieved that it wasn't a Christmas Elf.

As I'm not quite sure how I would explain a Christmas Elf playing in my toy room. Unless, of course, he was fixing all the toys that have met Ethan's wrath.

I'd probably spend the rest of my life updating my blog from inside a psych ward...

In other news, Christmas is up and running at the Black Household. I pulled down my giant tupperware(s) a couple of weeks ago and the decking of the halls began. We have so many lights up I don't quite know what to do with myself. I think Skyler was quite shocked to come home from work one day to see our house looking like an airplane landing pad all lit up. He doesn't quite get into the decorations of holidays like I do. He would be fine with just the tree. Actually, he could probably go without the tree too. Anyway, I told him if he thinks this year is overboard, he has no idea what's coming his way in coming years. I already have great ideas for next year. I may very well blow a fuse.

And if Sky thinks the holiday decorations are over kill--just wait until my post for next year--when I can blog about forcing Skyler aboard the Polar Express in matching family flannel pajamas that we don't own just yet. Can you believe there is actually a Polar Express? It's in Williams, AZ. You board the train (in your pj's) and ride to the North Pole eating chocolate chip cookies and drinking hot cocoa. Once at the North Pole, Santa comes on board to pass out little silver bells to everybody. Ethan and Teigan will love it. And Skyler will secretly, too.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Haha...I love this post. So you. Glad things are going well...Teigan is adorable!

Unknown said...

Hey Kel! Merry christmas! sound like a whole lot of fun going on around there! Guess what? Jake (my bro) is going on his mission to montana! You never told us it gets so cold there!

Rasmussen Family said...

Little kids would absolutely love that...I'm keeping it in mind

The Vegas Veenendaal's said...

Hey Kellie! It was so much fun last night. I am a little tired today though, lol! Your blog is darling.