Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas in Colorado

We spent Christmas in Colorado Springs this year. Both sets of grandparents live there, and we love going home! Although, Christmas just wasn't the same without my little brother Jordan, who is serving his mission in Brazil.

We drove to Colorado-yes DROVE with 2 little boys. I'm not exactly sure what we were thinking, or if we quite knew what we were getting ourselves into....but a 15 hour drive with an almost 2 year old and a newborn was exhausting! Luckily for us, both the boys did amazing. As amazing as possible for sitting in the car for so long! Teigan slept the whole time, with the occasional break for feedings. On the way to Colorado, Ethan was awake for 10 of the 15 hours! What he did to occupy himself for that long--I don't even remember! I do know that he loves to read books and loves LOVES to sing. He started singing "a sunbeam a sunbeam, Jesus a sunbeam!" We didn't even know he knew that song! Thanks nursery! Other favorites are John Mayer's "Say", Ne-Yo's "Closer", Pink's "So What", and pretty much any other popular song! Who knew he remembered the lyrics??? Crazy I tell ya.

Teigan was blessed on December 21st, it was such a wonderful blessing and a beautiful day!

I don't have a lot of time to blog--the boys will be waking up any minute--but here are some fun pictures of our vacation!
Ethan and his new buddy Isaac Housley at Teig's blessing--thanks for coming Taylor and Val!!

Teigan in his blessing outfit

Black Family minus 1

Best friends are we, my sister and me!!

Me and Scott

Jumping off the fireplace in his new Christmas jammies

Daddy and Teigan--I LOVE Teig's expression!

Ethan's 3 favorite things: Elmo.....

...and Cookie Monster......

...and Papa!!!

Savage kids minus Steve and Jordan

Savage Family

My two darling little boys!

Aunt Kristen and Teigan


Now that the holidays are coming to an end--it means busy season is upon us. Ew. I hate busy season. HATE IT! So, we won't talk about it. For now.

2 comments:

Katie and Victor said...

Teigan gets more cute in every picture I see. It makes me want to have another baby.....a few years down the road!

Rasmussen Family said...

pretty soon I think I'll come to understand completely the term "busy season":) however, for the systems guys its before Christmas...