Thursday, September 25, 2008

Chatterbox

I put Ethan down for his nap probably 45 minutes ago and I can still hear him chattering away!! Who is he talking to?? He has been in a big boy bed for a while now, and at first we had problems keeping him in bed at night--ie: we put him down, shut the door and 2 minutes later he's running out the door...repeat every five minutes. But for the last 2 weeks or so, we haven't had any problems with him! Even in the mornings I can hear him playing in his room on the monitor--it used to be that he would come running into our bedroom yelling, "Teeth, teeth!!" (He ALWAYS wants to brush his teeth first thing in the morning and that is usually followed by "EAT, EAT!"). Sometimes he still runs into our room, but he will crawl up on our couch and read a book or play with a toy at the foot of our bed...he still likes to get in bed with us (between us I should say) and wrestle with his daddy!

Today, though, was different. I was scared nearly half to death at 5 in the morning when a little hand reached up and grabbed my arm!!! He was saying "Book, book, book" and was trying to hand me his Winnie the Pooh book to read to him! Skyler got up and put him back in bed explaining that it wasn't really morning yet and that we would read to him later. He went back to sleep and woke up at a much more reasonable time of 8:00. What a funny little boy! We sure love his silly personality!

Speaking of silly--he has been making the funniest faces when I tell him to smile at the camera......




Funny huh?!

We pulled out the infant car seat--and of course, Ethan was all over it!



He loves to eat corn on the cob now too! He even helps me peel the corn. He is getting so big I can hardly stand it! Good thing we have another one on the way because Ethan is just not a baby anymore (although, he will always be my baby!).


Our newest addition to the family is growing well, and things are looking great! He is much more active than Ethan ever was (I didn't know that was going to be possible!!)....and is the cause of some restless nights. Skyler can even feel him kicking him in the back in the middle of the night! How crazy is that? Skyler asked how I get any sleep at all--and that, my friends, is why women have children and men do not. I started feeling the joys of contractions about a week ago--and no, they are not the painless braxton hicks contractions--they are the stop-you-in-your-tracks contractions and last about a minute. I only have them a few times a day so it's nothing to be concerned about--more annoying than anything else. But we're getting close and can't wait to meet our new little guy!!!


Bump pictures at around 6 months--I had a really bad eye infection, hence the glasses.....

Other exciting news--I bought Ethan's Halloween costume a few weeks ago! I love love love Halloween! I love decorating my house, buying costumes, CANDY!! Everything, I love everything about it and I am sooo excited that Ethan will be old enough to go trick-or-treating to get candy for his (will-be) very pregnant mama!! I'm trying to teach him how to say "Trick or Treat" so hopefully he will have that down over the next month. He is going to be the cutest little turtle anybody has ever seen! The Children's Place has absolutely adorable Halloween costumes! It was hard to pick between a penguin and a turtle so I left it up to Ethan and he picked the turtle. Very wise decision on his part! :-)

Lastly, Ethan has learned to ask "What is that?" And being the ever inquisitive boy that he is--that's pretty much all I hear day in and day out. Seriously-I love it and think that it is so stinkin cute, but to be honest, sometimes I don't even know what he's asking "what is that?" and pointing to--so I just make it up as I go. The funniest part is when he asks what something is and I tell him--he'll be very satisfied and completely trusting in what I tell him! If only that would last into his teenage years........

2 comments:

Katie and Victor said...

Ethan is looking so old now! I am so jealous of you and your beautiful body. If I was on my second kid and 6 months pregnant I know I would be alot bigger.

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

Look at that smile Ethan!! What heart break smile it is!! My goodness, you are an awesome lookin pregnant woman kell!