Friday, September 5, 2008

Whew! August was a busy month!

Skyler's brother, Cory, got home from his mission in May and was able to come out and visit us the second week of August and meet his nephew for the first time! It was fun having him around for a week.

Then, my brother, who is getting ready to leave for his mission, came out the week after Cory left. This allowed me to fly to Salt Lake to meet up with my mom for my cousin's wedding. It was the FIRST time I have EVER left my sweet little boy for longer than a couple of hours!!! It was nice that Skyler was able to take some time off of work to spend with Ethan and Jordan, and when Sky had to go in for meetings, it was comforting knowing that Jordan was with Ethan. They have a very special bond--maybe Ethan can sense the athlete in Jordan?! Ha ha. Anyway, going through the airport and security without my little man was a quick process (something I'm not really used to!) but the whole time I felt like I was forgetting something! I even teared up a little bit while I was sitting in the terminal by myself. But, it was the first time in a long time that I was actually able to read a magazine on the plane--quite refreshing if you ask me. It was great to spend some time with my mom that week....but I was sure ready to get home to my boys!! I got home on Friday night, and Skyler had to leave on Sunday to go to Mississippi for 2 weeks! Normally, when Sky is gone longer than a week his firm will fly him home for the weekend, but because the travel would have taken him so long, he decided that he would take the flight to New York City and spend some time with his buddy Scott and his wife. He loves New York so I'm glad he was able to go.

I got the idea, though, to fly home with Jordan on Monday and spend almost 2 weeks in Colorado since Sky was going to be out of town. We flew in Monday and it turned out that my mom was leaving on Tuesday to take Kristen to her first semester at BYU. So of course, Ethan and I decided to make the trek out there with them. He did wonderful in the car probably because of the built in DVD player that allowed him to watch Elmo over and over.


Lately, he's been making a really funny, random face when I take his picture....it makes me laugh every time!


It was fun helping Kristen get settled in and spend time doing more shopping! Ethan was such a sport walking everywhere we had to go because we didn't have his stroller--especially walking all over campus. He has this new thing, where he believes a set of keys will open ANY door he wants to open.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey kel! Long time no talk! Sounds like things are so much fun in vegas! And Ethan is getting so so big! I am glad that you posted! how are you feeling ?