Friday, November 16, 2007

Look who's getting so big!!

Well, of course it's Ethan, or as we like to call him these days--peek-a-boo. It's his favorite, favorite game and it gets his attention every time. For example, he has ALWAYS been difficult to diaper because he instantly tries to roll over to his belly and crawl away...until I started saying PEEK-A-BOO! (in a silly exaggerated voice) and he lays perfectly still for me. Because we know that humors him, it has become habit to say that when we need his attention or to wipe his face (or anything else he hates for that matter). And lately, I think we've been saying that as a little nickname--like "Goodnight peek-a-boo" or "Come on peek-a-boo," "Let's eat dinner peek-a-boo." I don't know how it transitioned to that really, and I think I'd be worried that he might think his name is Peek-a-Boo, if he didn't already respond to Ethan. I can just imagine grocery shopping with Ethan and having some little old lady ask him what his name is and he responds, "Peek-A-Boo." Oh well...it works out for the time being--and I'm glad I have something to distract him because he is a VERY busy, curious little boy. Here are some pictures of how big and handsome he is getting (I think we may have problems with this one in a few years! :-) ). He LOVES the remote (it lights up when he presses buttons) and the pictures will show him crawling across the couch for a plate (which makes me nervous because he still doesn't understand that he could FALL off the couch).







1 comment:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

He is soo cute, and I can't believe how good he is at crawling lately!!! He is doing things like that faster than annica did. (not that I'm not proud of her, I am) I am just amazing at little Ethan/ He is definetly his momma's little boy!