Friday, November 16, 2007

CHRISTMAS TREE!!!

Like I said, we just couldn't wait to put up our Christmas tree! We were so excited to get it out and decorated because we knew that Ethan would just love it. We figured that Ethan would try to pull the ornaments off the tree so I wondered if I had just set myself up for Tree Patrol for the next month and a half (and lose my mind)--but Ethan just loves to stare at the lights! He did try to pull the bottom ornaments off once, but I got down next to him and pointed to the ornament and firmly said "NO." Skyler and I are relieved that he is starting to understand our language! He hasn't touched a ball since! Oh, and speaking of knowing the language, I was holding Ethan the other day and said, "Can mama have a kiss? Give mama a kiss." He looked at me and gave me a big, wet (opened mouth :-) ) kiss! I was so proud! He's probably getting sick of giving me kisses though because I ask him for one at least 10 times/day. And sometimes he just looks at me like "Oh mom, please no. Not again." He also started waving at people at the stores, so we get a LOT of attention. It can get annoying though because you get some people who (in baby talk all up in his grill) ask Ethan how old he is, what his name is, if he likes shopping with Mom, etc. So I have to politely say, "he's 9 months, his name is Ethan, and yes he's a very good little shopper." When really I'm thinking, "Come on lady, he's only 9 months old, he can't answer your questions, nor does he understand them, so please--don't waste my time." I'm all about getting/giving quick compliments, but seriously, let's not be ridiculous. I mean, I knew that after having a baby my days of just running in and getting some milk "real quick" were over (getting baby in and out of carseat, juggling baby and items, paying while being accosted by a baby who wants your wallet/credit card/keys)--but 10 minutes for a "quick trip" for 1 item?! I don't think so. I guess that's my rant for the day--so please, let's all make the world a quicker place and just give a simple compliment (or none at all) and be on with your day. ;-) Oh, and Happy Holidays!!! :-)



1 comment:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

I love your tree! I just LOVE it!! You are so amazing, look at that tree!