Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope that everyone has a safe, happy, and filling Thanksgiving Day! I for one, am glad for a day to celebrate the things I am grateful for--it really shouldn't take a special day to sit down and give thanks for all the blessings in our lives--but I know that sometimes I take the things that I have been so blessed with for granted. I thought it would be appropriate for me to take the time to list a few of the things I'm grateful for:

I'm so thankful for.....

*My wonderful, loving husband--who is a great example to me and loves me with all he's got! He's such a hard worker and great provider which allows me to stay home with our son (which I am sooo grateful for). He is so great with Ethan too--just a good guy all around and sometimes I can't believe he's mine!

*My handsome baby boy! My life has been changed by having this sweet spirit in our home. He has taught me so much about patience and love and has brought me closer to my Heavenly Father. I'm grateful to have been trusted and blessed with one of God's children. I'm grateful to be a mom!!

*The Gospel of Jesus Christ. I don't know where I would be without the knowledge that I have.

*Temples--without them my family could not be eternal--and nothing would break my heart more than not being able to be with my loving husband and family forever and ever! Families CAN be together forever and I'm so grateful for that!

*For a roof over my head, a car to drive, clothes to wear, and food to eat. (Oh, and warm water and plumbing and pipes and stuff).

*My family--for parents who taught me the gospel and never gave up on me! For my brothers and sisters who are amazing examples to me on a daily basis. For Scott and Jared who prepared me for motherhood! :-) I also have fantastic in laws--I couldn't ask for a better family to marry into.

*Great friends!! A girl needs her girls!! And I'm lucky enough to have a few fantastic friends that I know I can always count on!

*Last but not least--I'm grateful for the internet-for without the internet I would not be able to google things I needed information about, I would never be able to navigate my way around town without mapquest, I would actually have to leave my house to go shopping and rent videos, I could not stalk people without blogs/myspace/facebook, and I would actually have to call people that I don't want to talk to instead of sending an email which avoids long, unwanted (and possibly awkward) conversations.

So there you have it--a few things I am thankful for (even though there are really too many to mention). I'm off to make Ethan's first Thanksgiving Feast! Oh the little joys in life! Happy Thanksgiving everybody! I'm so grateful for all of you!!

No comments: