Friday, February 19, 2010

Not quite there yet......

As you can tell from this picture here........

........somebody is still learning how to use a spoon. What's it like cleaning up a mess like this on a daily basis, you ask? Would be frustrating if the face underneath the mess wasn't SO DARN CUTE!

In other updates, I'm still quite amused at the daily chatter that takes place in our home. Being a mom of little boys is something else, that's for sure.

Ethan likes to ask how to spell things lately, since I've been teaching him how to spell his name. Here's an example.
E: "Mom, how do you spell lego?"
M: "L-E-G-O."

E: "How do you spell book?"
M: "B-O-O-K."

E: "Mom, how do you spell buzz lightyear, defender of the universe?"
M: "Uhhhhhhhhh......."

Ethan has also entered the wonderful stage of "testing" us what he can and can't get away with. So I use phrases like, "If you do this one more time....." or, "the next time you don't listen to mommy........." and they are usually followed with a threat of some kind. Take away his computer, his toys, his movies, sit in time out, etc. Which really, as my dad would say, it's not a threat as much as it's a promise because trust me, I ALWAYS FOLLOW THROUGH. The day E realizes this--both of our lives will be much easier. Anyway, so today Skyler must have said something to Ethan along the lines of getting his computer (DVD player) taken away if he didn't listen. To which Ethan, in a very authoritative voice said, "DAD, IF YOU TAKE MY COMPUTER AWAY.........."and then he just sort of trailed off because he couldn't think of a good enough threat to use on daddy. Too funny.

I also find myself saying, "Get off of your brother right now." To both boys lately. Teig is starting to figure out that he's not so small anymore.

As I'm typing this both of my boys are throwing ridiculous fits (maybe trying to see which one can scream the loudest) which makes me wonder when the insanity will end :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

oh my gosh, teig looks SO much like ethan here. so crazy sista sista!