Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another Year Down.......


Today marks Ethan's 2nd birthday! I can hardly believe I have a precious little 2 year old! We have so loved having him in our family! His sweet spirit is a constant reminder of how richly blessed my life truly is. Ethan had his 2 year check up and is growing well! He weighed 27 lbs and was 36 inches tall.

Some of Ethan's favorites are:
*ELMO
*The color Blue
*Dried apples
*Coloring
*Nursery
*Singing Primary Songs
*Holding Teigan
*Sneaking pieces of Daddy's Gum
*Showering all by himself
*Playing outside
*Doing whatever HE wants to do instead of what WE want him to do
*Going to Target (mainly for the popcorn and drink)

It's crazy to look back on these last two years and see how Ethan has grown and developed. He talks more and more everyday and is learning "attitude" when he talks. The other day I was standing in front of our silverware drawer cutting an apple and apparently Ethan wanted something out of the drawer. He started pushing on my leg, but I wouldn't move. So he says (with all the attitude he could muster while stomping his feet), "MAMA, move now...MOVE!!!" I gave him a look of "don't you dare talk to me like that" and he says so sweet and innocently, "Please?" :-)

Today when he was opening a few of his presents, before he could even get a good look at what it was he was unwrapping, he was saying ever enthusiastically, "Oh my goodness!! Oh wow!" What a funny little boy I have. I look forward to many more happy years with my little man!!!

The birthday cake I made! Everything is edible.


Even though he is 2 and a big boy--he still likes to pretend he's a baby!

The Birthday Boy in action



Wearing his Mr. Potato Head glasses--So funny!!

The handsome boys in my life!

How cute is Teig smiling up at Skyler?!

6 comments:

Valerie Housley said...

Hey! I've been thinking about you today and how today is Ethan's 2nd birthday!! I remember two years ago when we talked and you told me you had had Ethan and I found out that I was pregnant....oh how time flies! Happy Birthday Ethan!! His cake looks awesome...please tell me that's a kit or something! :)

Unknown said...

you made that cake?!? that is amazing! It looks professionally done! It is amazing that he is 2 already.. time flys by so fast!

Katie and Victor said...

Oh my goodness, your cake decorating skills are amazing! I wish I had half your talent. And your boys are adorable!

Rasmussen Family said...

happy birthday ethan!! Hey, we're coming to vegas end of February and I want to come see you! What is your schedule like?

Molly Rivera said...

Oh My Gosh! Your cake looks AMAZING! I am so happy you are going to help me with Jackson's. I have always wanted to know how to do cakes. I showed my husband and he said it looks like a professional.

Nilda Noel said...

So I found you through Crystal's blog, which I also found today. I will now get to catch up on your life through blogging. I cannot believe you made that cake! Well, I can, but it is awesome. I hope you are doing well. Maybe sometime I'll be in Vegas again and get to see you. I used to go there once a month for 2 years, but that was a few years back.