Sunday, April 27, 2008

Colorado Springs, here we come!

So not even a week after my parents left Vegas, Ethan and I flew out to Colorado Springs for another fun-filled week. My sister graduates from HS this year and per Pine Creek Tradition, I capped her at the capping ceremony! I will post pics of that as soon as my sister emails me some!

Ethan was always such a good little flyer as a baby, but as he has gotten older, it is more and more difficult to fly with him alone. I think the next time we fly, even if he isn't 2, we will pay for the kid to have his own seat simply so I can STRAP him down in a car seat!! I guess I shouldn't really be complaining--at least Ethan isn't the baby screaming at the top of his lungs--he just crawls all over me and he thinks whichever stranger sitting next to us is fair game too. Some poor old man was sitting next to us on the way out to CO and Ethan was trying to take his glasses off his face, the pen out of his front pocket, and was trying to bang on his seat tray! Luckily Ethan is so darn cute that nobody minds him at all. He was playing peek-a-boo with the people sitting behind us, and trying to play with the lady's hair in front of us. Eventually though, he fell asleep and I was able to rest as well. I never thought I would envy somebody flying by themselves, sipping a soda and reading a magazine...peacefully!!!

Ethan has a lot of fun at my parent's house because of our dog Copper. Ethan LOVES to play with Copper and Copper is so patient when Ethan tugs her ears and pokes her eyes and tries to stick his hand in her mouth.



Ethan thought it was so funny to throw Copper some food from his plate (I have a funny video I will upload of this), and even was mimicking some of the things Copper does. For instance, he crawled on all fours more than I've seen him do since he started walking, he ate his food straight off the plate (no hands) and would shake his head like Copper. It was pretty funny!



We were also able to spend some time with Ethan's other grandparents! He has a lot of fun at Grandma and Grandpa Black's! I think it's because he knows that Grandpa gives him the goods a.k.a. CANDY! Plus he has a lot of fun playing cars with Brandon.

We went to Texas Roadhouse, and Ethan loved the rolls there so much that he actually put the entire thing in his mouth. He has never really been one to eat in small bites.....I don't know why he does this--does he think that if he doesn't eat the whole thing right away that we are going to take it away from him?!?!

Another cute picture: Ethan Black is Bruce Wayne is BATMAN!!! (I don't know what we had eaten that made our mouths slightly blue!)

2 comments:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

SOunds like you had a really great time! I love the picture with the roll stuffed in hsi mouth, so cute!

Rachael said...

Ethan has gotten so big. I love the one of him eating off of his plate with his mouth. He is adorable, as always.