Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to Ethan!!!

Yesterday was our 1 year mark with our precious baby boy! I can't believe I have a toddler. We had a fun day of shopping and playtime. Grandma Savage is in town and Ethan was spoiled rotten yesterday! Then we met with daddy at the Grand Luxe inside the Palazzo for a yummy dinner. It's busy season for Skyler right now, and lately he's been leaving the house around 6:30 or 7:00 in the morning and getting home around 11:30 at night. I assumed last night would be no different, but at dinner Skyler kept asking us what we were going to do or where we were going after dinner. I told him that my mom had to run into Target but that was it. I even asked him why he wanted to know because it seemed kind of odd that he was pressing for answers. Well when I opened the garage door.....Skyler was home!!! It was a fun surprise!!! Ethan and I are SO lucky.
This was us 1 year ago....

And now today!

Ethan opened lots of presents and got lots of really fun toys. I think his favorites were a ride-a-long dump truck (thanks, Emme!!) and musical magnetic letters for the fridge (E says E, and E says Eh, every letter makes a sound and E says E!) I think it may take a while for me to get used to hearing that all the time!!


Here are some fun pictures from yesterday! There's lots of them--so get comfortable!
Thanks Mom for cutting off some of my head! Isn't his outfit cute??!


He was playing peek-a-boo with the napkin at dinner...everybody thought he was too cute! He was being pretty flirty with the waitresses too....is this a foreshadow of what's to come? Should I be worried??!




Thanks Uncle Jared for the homemade book!! He loves it!

I made that cake!!!!!



A better picture of his cake...

Ethan's "smash" cake. He LOVES M&M's and when he saw that giant "m&m" he was sooo happy!

A series of Ethan tearing into his cake......




I can't believe I forgot to put him in his birthday hat for cake!!! I had to have a picture of him wearing it, and I figured there's no better time to have him wear his birthday hat then when he's in his birthday suit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Ethan!!!! Looks likes a great day!! 1 year old!?! Man! Time flys... I can't wait to meet the next little Black baby.