Friday, March 20, 2009

A little bit of this--a little of that.....

Nothing new has really been happening lately in the Black Family. Just two little boys who are growing up way too fast!!! Skyler's dad was in town this week for business and was able to spend a lot of time with his grandsons!!! The highlight of that for Ethan was the new shiny red tricycle that Grandpa bought him! He absolutely loves it. It took him a minute to figure out how to pedal instead of using his legs on the ground like all of his other riding toys. I almost wanted to cry when I saw him pedaling down the street. I can't believe I have a son big enough to pedal!!!! His steering is a bit rusty though....he's gone into many a bushes!! Skyler also surprised me this week by taking the entire week off!!!! Can't get enough of my man! My mom and little brothers got in last night and we are off on Sunday to sunny California for a trip to Disneyland and The Price is Right!!!

Teigan soaking up his grandpa

This next picture is so funny. Sky and I were sitting on the couch the other day not really paying attention to Ethan with his new stickers. What caught our attention was hearing Ethan talking to Teigan. He said, "Teigan which sticker do you want?" And this is what he got!!!! It was hilarious!

Teigan chillin'

Ethan eating his fajita like a pro!

Teig sleeping like a big boy in Mama and Daddy's bed!

Skyler made a "clubhouse" for Ethan out of a huge box with a door and windows--and Ethan absolutely LOVES his clubhouse. He takes toys and books and snacks in there. Ethan even likes to watch his morning cartoons from inside his clubhouse. Sometimes, before he gets in he'll say "Miska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse!" Because those are the magic words to make the clubhouse appear on his favorite Mickey Mouse show. Sometimes we joke about taping him in there though!!! In fact, in the last picture, Skyler put the door up against a wall so that Ethan couldn't get out!! He wasn't too happy about that.


This is the cake I made for my ward's auction tomorrow night--obviously a giant Snickers Bar. Yummy!!! Everything is edible except for the Hungry? Why Wait? banner.

7 comments:

Molly Rivera said...

Great job on the cake!

I can't believe how big Teigan is getting.

Have fun in California!

Deming Family said...

You keep amazing me with your cakes! That is such a cute idea. Your boys are adorable!!

The Browns said...

Your family is getting so big and they are all so cute! I am so happy to see you all doing so well!!!!! I can not wait to be in your shoes :)

Rachael said...

I am totally impressed by that cake. Great job. Have fun in Cali.

Ryan and Laura said...

Hey! Haven't seen you around lately. Hope your family is doing well. Teigan is getting so big- and that cake is amazing. Hope to run into you soon.

Nilda Noel said...

Very impressive! Very talented. What a cute idea too.

Rasmussen Family said...

sticker on the head is awesome!! Also, I clearly remember being entertained by boxes for hours!